How The Program Works:
Participants will learn diversity and inclusion best practices through interactive activities, small group discussions, networking opportunities and dynamic speakers. Only 30 participants will be accepted into the 2017 class.
The Program Includes:
- two-day opening retreat in March 2017
- seven, day-long monthly sessions with experts in the field
- online sessions and monthly practicum assignments
- to apply program content
- final presentation by each class member on their individual
- equity and inclusion project
- opportunity to present a project update to a future class.
How Participants Benefit:
- Become one of a diverse alumni network of program graduates who can share resources and best practices as well as on-going support and connection.
- Meet and learn from renowned experts in an intimate setting.
- Enhance personal leadership and management competencies and stand out as an in-house resource for equity and inclusion.
- Be recognized as a graduate of the founding class of the Maryland Equity and Inclusion Leadership Program.
How Organizations Benefit:
- Support a proactive approach to today’s unique workplace diversity and inclusion challenges.
- Enhance employee engagement and build a stronger leadership succession pipeline.
- Understand better the causes and impacts of social and structural inequalities that affect your workforce and your clients.
- Collaborate with other organizations in pursuing best practices for implementing equity and inclusion initiatives and practices.
- Build a reputation of corporate responsibility and commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
The Program is Offered By:
The Maryland Commission on Civil Rights
The Maryland Commission on Civil Rights’ mission is to ensure opportunity for all through the enforcement of Maryland’s laws against discrimination; provide educational outreach services related to provisions of these laws; and to promote and improve
civil rights in Maryland.
The Schaefer Center for Public Policy
The Schaefer Center for Public Policy is the applied research division of the University of Baltimore’s College of Public Affairs. The Center provides program evaluation, policy analysis, management consulting, strategic planning, opinion research and professional development services to local, state and federal governments, nonprofit organizations and other enterprises.